K&S Engineering has extensive experience in the following areas involved with the preparation of potable water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipeline design:

 

 

· Map and document searches to determine existing and future right of way and easements.

· Record Plan searches to determine the location of existing above and below ground utilities.

· Field Survey of existing monuments, benchmarks, wet utilities, drainage structures, and other infrastructures that affect the design.

· Preparation of topographic base maps that include the above-listed research and survey data to be utilized in the design of potable water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipeline improvement plans.

· Utilize agencies standards and manufacturers specifications for the design of potable water, reclaimed water and sewer improvements.

· Preparation of potable water, reclaimed water and sewer plans, specifications and cost estimates.

· Water pressure calculations.

· Sewer Studies.

· Check all existing and proposed utility crossings to eliminate conflicts.

· Preparation of all necessary easements and easement vacations.

· Process all required construction plans through local agencies for approval and necessary permits.

· Field supervision, construction administration, and the preparation of field reports.

· Construction staking of potable water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipelines of construction plans.

· Preparation and processing of Record Plans.

 

 

Much of the design of potable water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipelines that K&S Engineering has completed, has been associated with industrial, commercial, and residential developments which require much more engineering detail per linear mile of pipeline than work that is done on pipelines running through existing city streets. Therefore, the over 12 miles of pipelines that K&S has designed at a total engineering consulting cost of over $416,000 was done over many different projects. This experience qualifies K&S Engineering to assist public and municipal utilities in designing projects with multiple miles of potable water, reclaimed water, and sewer pipelines.

 

 

The following is a breakdown by total miles of pipeline design work that K&S has completed. To see a description of the projects that were used to compile the table below, please go to the Project Descriptions section of this Statement of Qualifications.

 

 

 

 

TYPE OF WORK TOTAL LENGTH OF PIPELINE DESIGN

 

 

Water Main Improvement Plans ±4 miles

 

Sewer Main Improvement Plans ±4miles

 

Reclaimed Water Plans ±4miles

 

Fire Service Plans 20,000 LF

 

Water Pressure Calculations

 

Thrust Block Calculations

 

Sewer Studies

 

The total consulting fees that K&S has charged in the area of street improvement is $416,000, and 67% of that work was completed within projects having a total consulting fee of less than $25,000, and the other 33% of that work was completed within projects having a total consulting fee of more than $25,000.

POTABLE WATER, RECLAIMED WATER, & SEWER PIPELINES

K&S ENGINEERING, INC. FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Instagram - Black Circle